Erie Thames Powerlines wants to inform you of any planned outages that may be occurring due to continual improvement or emergency relief measures. We will do our best to inform you of any planned outages occurring in our municipalities.
The below planned outages are currently scheduled to occur on the following dates. Please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have concerning a planned outage in your neighbourhood at (519) 485-1820 or toll free at (877) 850-3128.
Currently we have the following planned outages:
- Dublin – The entire Village of Dublin will be affected by an outage on Sunday, May 27, 2018 from 7:00 AM – 10:00 AM.
- Aylmer – The link below provides a map of those affected by the scheduled power outage in Aylmer on Sunday, May 27 – 6:00 AM – 10:00 AM.
- Port Stanley – There will be two (2) areas affected by scheduled outages on Tuesday, May 29th
Area 1 – George Street & Area – 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM – Tuesday May 29, 2018
Area 2 – Front Street & Area (Two interruptions) – 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM and again from 11:00 AM – 12:00 Noon – Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Unplanned power outages can occur at any time due to weather conditions, construction damages, traffic accidents or equipment failure. Erie Thames Powerlines has set up systems and protocols to ensure that unplanned outages are minimal. In the event of an unplanned power outage our experienced team of service workers will be on the scene to help restore the affected power system. Before calling Erie Thames Powerlines please ensure that the cause of the problem is not your household breakers.
In the event of an unplanned power outage, there are a few simple precautions you can take to ensure the comfort and safety of you and your family:
- Contact us immediately at (519) 485-1820 or toll free at (877) 850-3128 so we can send our service team to assess the situation
- Keep an emergency kit in a hall closet filled with flashlights, batteries, candles, matches, and warm blankets
- Have emergency phone numbers as well as Erie Thames Powerlines’ telephone number written down for easy access
- Keep a ready supply of water bottles and dry snacks in the event of a long period power outage
- Having a wireless radio can provide you with news updates and a corded phone can be a worthwhile investment to ensure telephone access during a long period power outage.